Advantages of Eco Friendly Landscaping for Commercial Areas
Most commercial areas benefit from having beautiful landscaping, but it is also important these days to ensure your landscaping is environmentally friendly. The best way to achieve this is to get advice from a professional commercial landscaper who considers eco friendly landscaping to be not only desirable, but essential for this day and age.
There are many advantages to having eco friendly and sustainable landscaping.
- Sustainable landscaping costs less to maintain. This is because plants that are hardy, suit the climate and have less need for water or additional fertiliser all cost less to keep looking nice over the years of their life.
- Sustainable landscaping makes less use of water and depends on more stable elements that don’t need to be renewed frequently. Hardware such as benches and other seating, statues, garden walls, attractive gravel and pavers are long lasting but attractive elements that have a low cost over their lifetime because they need little maintenance, yet they also enhance the commercial area and make it attractive to the general public.
- Sustainable landscaping provides shelter and shade to clients, creating a pleasant area for them to enjoy while they conduct business. Studies have shown that people prefer to conduct business in pleasant surroundings, so you and other businesses in the area will have a larger clientele once you upgrade the surroundings with good landscape design.
- Even using water features is possible when choosing eco friendly landscape design. Water can be recycled so that less is used and it can be established in a shady area so that less water evaporates.
- In areas where there is plenty of rain, eco friendly landscaping can create lagoons or large dams that attract water loving wildlife. Most people enjoy walking around in such an area to see all the bird life that is attracted to the area. This is a great way to make any commercial area environmentally friendly.
- Commercial areas can often utilised the natural lay of the land to create natural water features that are attractive to everyone. These don’t cost a lot to maintain as natural run-off keeps the area wet or damp.When landscaping is done in a way that is eco friendly it results in an area that offers environmental benefits without costing a lot to maintain .Many traditional landscaping methods originated from Britain where there is very little shortage of rainfall, so they are not really suited to our dryer continent. It is far better to develop methods that are better suited to a dryer, hotter climate. That way, commercial areas can still look beautiful without it costing the earth to keep it all watered and green. In fact, many commercial landscape experts have done just this with their choice of plants and other elements.