Why a Website is a Sustainable Way to Advertise Your Business
No matter if you run your business from home or have a dedicated office or warehouse in some other location, advertising is needed so people can be made aware of what you do or offer that they may need. If people don’t know about you, they can’t become customers. Most advertising is costly, but when you advertise with a website, online business consultants otherwise known as a digital agency can use it to take your business to the next level.
Here are some of the advantages of advertising your presence online with your own website.
- A website may cost more than an ad initially – and that is doubtful when talking large ads – but it is there all the time. Compare this with a newspaper or magazine ad that only lasts as long as that edition – rarely more than a week.
- With a website, customers can contact you directly via an email link. They don’t even have to write down the email address to take home with them.
- A website offers several different ways for contact: the email address, a phone number, a contact form on the website or a physical address.
- You can have a great deal more information about your goods or services on the website than you could fit into a paper advertisement.
- You can provide a way for customers to purchase your products from your website without being dependent on a bricks and mortar store, with its limited business hours.
- If you want to, you can expand your customer base to the whole country rather than your local area.
- It is possible to attract overseas customers if your business model is suited to that.
- There are many ways to advertise your presence online, from paid ads and pay per click to social media.
- Sustainability is all about saving the earth’s resources; with a website that functions as an advertisement for your business, you will be saving on the cost of paper and ink over an ad in the paper.
- You can also keep in touch with your customers via an email newsletter, which again, saves on the use of paper and ink.
- While your business may not be able to go completely paperless, advertising online certainly does save a good deal of paper being used, even in catalogues to show your specials.
- Internet business consultants that also design websites will be able to ensure your website is responsive and loads quickly, thus saving a little on the cost of electricity over all.
Even small savings equate to a lot when everyone does them, so saving in these ways is good for the environment and can be a big help to your business.